Foreign investors who want to set up businesses in the beauty industry in Cyprus have various choices. They can start spas and beauty centers in hotels in the famous Cypriot resorts or in cities like Larnaca, Paphos or Limassol. They can also open hair salons of barber shops in Cyprus if they do not dispose of large amounts of money.
Opening a hair salon in Cyprus implies obtaining various licenses and authorizations, but also having specific qualifications. Below, our company formation agents in Cyprus explain how to create a hairdresser in this country. In case you would like to start another type of business in this field, such as a hair transplantation clinic, our incorporation agents can assist you in this matter as well.
Table of Contents
Licenses for hair salons in Cyprus
In order to open a hair salon in Cyprus, a local or foreign entrepreneur must first obtain a business license which is issued after the company registration procedure has concluded. Then the company must obtain a license for operating a hairdresser or barber shop with the Ministry of Commerce through the Council of Hairdressers and Barbers Registry in Cyprus.
The following conditions must be fulfilled in order to obtain this special license:
- – the business owner must apply for a town planning license specifically designed for a hairdresser;
- – the place where the hair salon will operate must be arranged in order to accommodate such activities;
- – the salon must be managed by an individual who has obtained a professional license;
- – the hair salon must respect the health and environmental conditions related to such activities.
With respect to the documents needed to set up a hair salon in Cyprus, these are:
- – the standard application form issued by the Registrar;
- – a copy of the company’s certificate of registration;
- – a copy of the blueprints of the premises;
- – a copy of the town planning license.
You can rely on our Cyprus company formation advisors for registering the company. A sole proprietorship is a sort of business that is owned and operated by just one person. It is an individual structure of business or individual entrepreneurship. There is no legal distinction between the owner and the business entity because the latter is merely the owner’s extension and is therefore liable for any losses, obligations, and liabilities incurred by the former. However, if you opt for company registration in Cyprus, we recommend using a legal form that provides for limited liability.
Why open a hairdresser in Cyprus?
A hair salon can be a great business idea for those who want to open small or large companies, as the owner can decide on the services the salon will offer. With the respect to the business form, a Cypriot hair salon can be set up a sole proprietorship or as a limited liability company (Cyprus LTD).
If you need assistance in opening a hair salon, please contact our company formation representatives in Cyprus.